Welcome to the Council of Citizens with Low Vision International, CCLVI.
What is CCLVI?
CCLVI is an advocacy membership organization the purposes of which are:
- To establish the right of persons with low vision to make full use of their vision through all available aids, services and technology.
- To provide a mechanism through which low vision people can express their individual needs, interests and preferences.
- To educate the general public, professionals, and low vision people themselves as to the potentialities, capabilities, and needs of low vision people.
- To establish outreach programs to insure that all individuals with low vision have access to necessary services.
- To promote research to prevent blindness, improve maximum utilization of sight, and improve environmental conditions and access for low vision people.
- To support the development of and expansion of pre-service and in-service training programs to improve the quality and quantity of medical and rehabilitative low vision services.
CCLVI also provides opportunities to low vision individuals, such as:
The Fred Scheigert Scholarship Program:
Awarding three (3) students an individual prize of $3,000., this competitive scholarship is available to full-time college students with low vision, chosen from among those who meet the visual acuity and academic guidelines.
Dr. Samuel Genensky Video Magnifyer Award:
The Dr. Sam Genensky Memorial Video Magnifier award is in tribute to the inventor of the CCTV. This award provides multiple video magnifiers of varying brands and styles to students and adults demonstrating a need. To let us know that you are interested in receiving information when our next Dr. Samuel Genensky Video Magnifier Memorial Award application period is open, please email Genensky@cclvi.org with your name and email address.
If you are interested in helping CCLVI in our purposes you may join CCLVI or make a donation. CCLVI is a non-profit 501c3 organization and your donations are tax deductable.